Flag football playoffs this Saturday

By Travis Bremner

The intramural flag football season has come to its end, the top nine – yes, nine – have advanced to the postseason single-elimination tournament Saturday, March 6.

Each conference (division) has an undefeated team, last year’s champion Dark Blue in the Eastern Conference and Cause of Destruction in Western Conference, each team accumulated the most possible point total, 15.

The rest of the Eastern Conference played out like this, The U tallied 13 points, Kryptonite and the Derek Andersons got nine and Dewy’s team received seven. There was some controversy last week where a non-call helped the Derek Andersons beat Dewy’s team in the final seconds. The victory would have kicked Dewy’s team out of the playoffs; however a decision was made to have a play-in game instead between the two teams to see who gets to play the one seed Dark Blue.

The West standings are as follows, O.F.I. ended with 11 points, The Darkness got 10 and All-Stars got nine. There was no dispute here; Cause of Destruction will face the All-Stars at 10 a.m., The Darkness will play O.F.I in the second quarterfinal at 10:45 a.m.

The play-in game will be at 9:15 a.m., the winner of that will take on Dark Blue at 10:00 a.m., and Kryptonite will battle The U at 10:45 a.m.

The winners in each of those matches will play in the semifinals at roughly 11:30 a.m., the championship game will follow suit around 12:15 p.m. Come out to the soccer practice fields and watch the excitement unfold!