Image and video hosting by TinyPic" />

Coppell wrestling team is successful at state Image and video hosting by TinyPic

By Amanda Peck
Video by Cam McDaniel
KCBY

The Coppell boys wrestling team not only went far this season, they had 6 wrestlers qualify for state which was held at the Delco Arena in Austin.

Hampton Roese, Teddy Johnson, Trevor Ward, Duncan Dominguez, Kaleb Richardson and Matt Robinson were the six wrestlers who qualified to go to the state tournament this past weekend along with alternates Mark McPherson and Sam Rice.

“Not only was I glad I qualified for state, I am very happy with how our season went this year,” senior Hampton Roese said. “We worked really hard to achieve all that we did.”

The team wrestled both Friday Feb. 26 and Saturday Feb. 27.

“Though the weekend was fun, it was long and tiring,” senior Duncan Dominguez said. “We worked really hard before and during the tournament.”

Some of the schools that Coppell was competing against at the state tournament included Flower Mound, Allen, Southlake, Lake Highlands and Arlington Martin.

Five of the wrestlers ended up placing in each of their weight classes over the weekend, which is very impressive. Trevor Ward got second place, Teddy Johnson and Duncan Dominguez got third place and Hampton Roese and Kaleb Richardson got fourth place.

“This season was really long with countless hours of practice which helped us come as far as we have,” senior Teddy Johnson said. We are very fortunate to have the coaches we have here at Coppell.”

It is a great achievement for the Coppell wrestling team to have 6 wrestlers go to state with almost all of them placing in the tournament. Their numerous hours dedicated to meets and practicing did pay off at the end of their very successful season.

Original Video – More videos at TinyPic

3