Coppell ISD names Jund principal of high school

New campus leader comes to CHS from Lewisville ISD middle school

Dr. Nicole Jund is the new principal of Coppell High School. A reception was held following the Coppell ISD Board's approval of her hiring on Monday night at the Vonita White Administration Building. (L to R) CHS  math teacher Dana DeLoach, CHS math teacher Karie Kosh, CHS assistant principal Melissa Arnold, CHS Principal Dr. Nicole Jund, Coppell ISD director of mathematics Mary Kemper, CHS math teacher Mary Jo Wilt, CHS math teacher James Behlen and CHS math teacher John Watkins.

Dr. Nicole Jund is the new principal of Coppell High School. A reception was held following the Coppell ISD Board's approval of her hiring on Monday night at the Vonita White Administration Building. (L to R) CHS math teacher Dana DeLoach, CHS math teacher Karie Kosh, CHS assistant principal Melissa Arnold, CHS Principal Dr. Nicole Jund, Coppell ISD director of mathematics Mary Kemper, CHS math teacher Mary Jo Wilt, CHS math teacher James Behlen and CHS math teacher John Watkins.

photo courtesy Mary Kemper

photo courtesy Mary Kemper

Jessica Hernandez, Staff Writer

Dr. Nicole Jund has been named principal of Coppell High School. Her hiring was approved by the Coppell ISD Board of Trustees on Monday night.

“I have my doctorate in education, experience in being a high school administrator, a former high school teacher and coach and a background in being a campus principal. More than that, I’m passionate about education and want kids to be able to exercise their dreams no matter what they are,” Dr. Jund said.

Dr. Jund comes to CHS from Lewisville ISD, were she has served as principal of Creek Valley Middle School the past five years. With a Bachelors of Arts degree from the University of Texas, a master’s degree from Texas Woman’s University and a Doctorate in Education Administration from the University of North Texas, the Board of Trustees thinks she is the perfect fit for CHS.

Not only did her education and experience set her apart from other candidates, but Dr. Jund’s passion for innovation, exploring new  learning styles and emphasis on learning with technology made her stand out amongst for the position in a school that relies so heavily on technology.

“She has the background, but also the work that she has been doing in Lewisville is all about the visioning and the way that kids need to be learning now,” CISD Board President Tracy Fisher said. “We’re into blended learning and that kind of thing, and she’s an expert on that. It’s one of her passions, and that passion really comes through.”

According to CISD assistant superintendent for administration Brad Hunt, Dr. Jund’s experience as a classroom teacher, athletic coach, assistant principal and associate principal coupled with her academic degrees from distinguished schools are what led her to be the new principal of CHS.

“She came highly recommended from some of the people we know and respect very well, so that’s always positive. Her experiences leading her current campus as well as her previous experiences with blended learning [are what set her apart],” Hunt said. “It’s important for people to love going to Coppell High School and it’s important for teachers to want to work there.”

With a new block schedule and a new principal, administrators and staff members alike are ready to take on these changes in order to make it a successful school year.

“Each new school year brings its new challenges, and we’re going to face our own new challenges with new teachers, a larger ninth grade coming in, and those general things that every new school year brings,” CHS lead assistant principal Sean Bagley said. “I’m excited that she’s here and I’m excited to support her and do everything we can do to get things moving forward [for the new year].”

Dr. Jund officially assumes her position as principal on Monday.

Follow Jessica @jessicamh13

1 Comment

One Response to “Coppell ISD names Jund principal of high school”

1. Amelia Vanyo on June 28th, 2017 3:52 pm

Great job on this story, Jess!

[Reply]

• Coppell ISD names Jund principal of high school

Coppell City Council Meetings

City Council approves October as “National Breast Cancer Awareness Month”

Multimedia

On the Spot: KISS FM attending 2017 homecoming game

News

On the Spot: 2017 Homecoming Court brings excitement, school spirit

News

On the Spot: Annual PSAT test gives juniors opportunity to qualify for scholarships (with video)

News

On the Spot: Tourist Tuesday captures schools spirit, excitement for homecoming (with video)

News

CHS witnesses much-awaited opening of new bathrooms

News

Apple Keynote 2017: A Product Showcase

News

Texans petition to cancel STAAR test for Hurricane Harvey relief

News

On the Spot: District changes start time to accommodate tardy bus riders (with video)

News

Passion, dedication on display with new face, Arvizu, in CHS library