CMS North fence issue resolved at City Council meeting Tuesday

Coppell+Mayor+Karen+Hunt+swears+in+new+Alternative+Municipal+Judge%2C+Candace+Carlson%2C+on+Feb.+14+at+the+City+Council+meeting.+Coppell+City+Council+members+and+citizens+gathered+to+resolve+zoning+issues+and+other+agenda+items.++

Coppell Mayor Karen Hunt swears in new Alternative Municipal Judge, Candace Carlson, on Feb. 14 at the City Council meeting. Coppell City Council members and citizens gathered to resolve zoning issues and other agenda items.

Kelly Monaghan

Kelly Monaghan

Kelly Monaghan

Emma Cummins, Executive Editorial Page Editor

Although the chain fence at Coppell Middle School North had raised several concerns, the issue was resolved quietly at the Coppell City Council meeting Tuesday night. The solution came in the form of a decorative wrought iron fence, which will be installed by the city.

The fence was erected after the middle school experienced some theft and vandalism.

The Council swore in alternate municipal judge of the Coppell Municipal Court, Candace Carlson. Carlson has worked as a magistrate for Dallas County and lived in Coppell for 16 years.

The remainder of the meeting was spent approving new lots and the construction of the ALOFT hotel.

Emma Cummins, Executive Opinions Editor

Emma is the Executive Editorial Page Editor at The Sidekick. She enjoys politics, writing and traveling.

Kelly Monaghan, General Photography Editor

Kelly is a senior at Coppell High School and the General Photography Editor of the Sidekick. She is an expected diploma candidate in the International...