Fall playlist that will get you ready for the season

By Pranathi Chitta
@prannydacheetah

When thinking of the fall season, the first thing that comes to mind is anticipation for the holidays. The following songs are some that get me prepared for the anticipation of the upcoming school holidays and festivities because of their mellow, yet energizing beats.

“Venice” by The Lighthouse and The Whaler

The soft introduction reminds me of leaves falling and the beginning of autumn. This is a perfect song to start off the day since it is not too slow or too fast. The rhythm is set to a perfect pace and beat. With all the pressure with school and extracurricular activities, this song gives me a chance to take a moment to breathe and relax.

“Jeena Jeena” by Atif Aslam

I rarely listen to Indian music but lately, with the influence of a few friends, I began listening to it. This song screams fall since it has a slow tempo but makes you feel alive at the the same time. This song makes me want to close my eyes and just let everything go. Even if you do not listen to Indian or other international music, I highly recommend this song.

“Renegades” by X Ambassadors

Thanks to the famous Jeep commercial, I was introduced to “Renegades”, a song that has an uncommon tune among popular music trending now. The X Ambassadors is a unique band in that their songs exhibit a new style of music that is rarely encountered.

“Crystallised” by The xx

The xx never fails to satisfy me. Even though this is an old song, I enjoy listening to the mellow tune that created anticipation in me, which reminds me of the many holidays and activities that are in store this season.

“Say My Name (feat. Zyra) – Jai Wolf Remix” by ODESZA and Jai Wolf

I enjoy listening to the remix much more than the original song since the remix brings out the true rhythm of the song. I like ODESZA since they always make unique songs and incorporate different tastes into their music. I highly recommend this song and the artist when you want to listen to something different or unique.

“Ease” by Troye Sivan

“Ease” reminds me of the calmness of fall and the warmth that the season will provide. I often listen to this song and other songs by Sivan while I study. Unlike the previous songs I chose, “Ease” has one constant rhythm, which helps me to concentrate when I am studying. In addition to this album, Sivan is releasing another highly anticipated album soon.

1