Additional senior parking spaces added to the Coppell High School parking lot

Eighty+additional+senior+parking+spots+were+added+into+the+student+parking+lot+at+Coppell+High+School+on+the+morning+of+Sept.+30.+These+parking+spots+are+marked+with+red+stripes.+Photo+by+Sruthi+Boppuri.+

Eighty additional senior parking spots were added into the student parking lot at Coppell High School on the morning of Sept. 30. These parking spots are marked with red stripes. Photo by Sruthi Boppuri.

By Lina Pyon

@linalinaapril

Recent constructions of the Coppell High School new field house and gym have taken away many parking spots, especially senior parking spots.

Therefore, in order to make up for these losses in space, general parking has been altered and 88 new spots were made available since September 30th. Although, these new spots are not open to all grade levels, this will allow seniors to regain closer spots before the construction began.

“We want to take care of our seniors and get them to where they want to be,” assistant principal Sean Bagley said.

The new buildings have hindered parking but these new spots are hoping to give back some areas that seniors can park closer to the school.

“It gives seniors the opportunity to have their parking spots back – not completely the same prior to the construction, but we’re working to get it back as quick as possible,” Bagley said.

For more information surrounding the parking spots, contact assistant principal Ryan Lam.