Annual Lakeside Carnival to come Saturday evening

The Lakeside Elementary Carnival is taking place on Saturday, January 31, 2014, from 3p.m.- 7p.mm. The carnival is a fun opportunity for Coppell citizens to eat food, play games, and watch performances. Tickets will be $15 at the door, and all of the money gained from the carnival will be going towards Lakeside. Photo by Amanda Hair.

By Sloane Samberson

staff writer

@sloane_avery

On Saturday from 3-7 p.m. is the annual carnival at Lakeside Elementary School. The Lakeside Carnival serves as an event that provides Lakeside families, along with all other members of the community with a time of fun through games, delicious food and special performances.

There is no charge to enter the carnival and all are welcome, but all elementary students must have adult supervision.

Guests must buy tickets, which come in the form of punch cards, in order to play games and purchase food. These tickets also serve as a prize card and can be redeemed for prizes once used.

Each $15 ticket, which can purchased at the door, contains 20 punches. Food and games vary in amount of punches.

Concerning food, there will be Papa John’s Pizza, Chick-fil-A sandwiches, Rita’s Ice, fresh popcorn, plus other snacks and drinks.

There will be face painting, sandy candy, wrist casting (which are fake wrist casts) and a cake walk as in previous years. As well as other games and activities, live entertainment and a silent auction.

The silent auction will have over 300 items from Restaurant, Family Fun and Health/Beauty/Fashion categories including a one-night stay at Great Wolf Lodge and a Hot Air Balloon Ride.

Various summer camp opportunities and Coppell spirit wear will also be sold in the silent auction.

If your son or daughter is a student at Lakeside, you can bid on teacher outings, a time of fun that your child and friends get to spend with their teacher outside of school.

Below is the flyer that contains more information.

2014CarnivalFlyer 1

2014CarnivalFlyer 22014CarnivalFlyer 3