St. Ann Catholic Parish annual carnival is back in town

By Gabby Sahm

@yoitsgoobs

This weekend, Saint Ann Catholic Parish is hosting it's annual carnival Friday 1 pm - 10 pm, Saturday 10 am - 11 pm and Sunday 1 pm - 6 pm. There will be many classic rides, lots of good food, booths for shopping and more. Photo by Nicole Messer.
This weekend, Saint Ann Catholic Parish is hosting it’s annual carnival Friday 1 pm – 10 pm, Saturday 10 am – 11 pm and Sunday 1 pm – 6 pm. There will be many classic rides, lots of good food, booths for shopping and more. Photo by Nicole Messer.

Starting today and continuing Saturday and Sunday, St. Ann Catholic Parish is hosting its annual St. Ann Community Carnival. From carnival games to rides that will make your head spin around, the carnival has something fun for everyone to enjoy.

Junior Ruth Fernandez started volunteering at the carnival in sixth grade and has been doing every year since. She started because St. Ann was her church but now there is much more to it.

“I wanted to get involved in my church community,” Fernandez said. “Plus it has always been pushed for youth to volunteer and it’s very fun to help the church out.”

Every year Fernandez works with the younger kids while they play putt-putt, basketball or the game of chance. This year she is excited about an expanded kiddyland, expanded game of chance and a new section for indoor craft vendors.

For any new students or guests planning on attending, Fernandez said the carnival is a great place to meet people in the community. Her advice for new students would be to not be shy and just come on by.

“Lots of people come to the carnival,” Fernandez said. “The church is really big so this is a good way to get to know everyone, and you get to interact with different people.”

The carnival is open today from  5-11 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.-11 p.m. and Sunday from 1-6 p.m.

Volunteer opportunities are still available through the St. Ann Catholic Parish website.