Image and video hosting by TinyPic" />

Brava and Bel Canto Christmas Concert Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Paige Wilson

On Dec. 12, the Brava and Bel Canto Choirs from Coppell High School hosted their Christmas Concert at Cymbidium Flowers shop in Old Coppell. The two choirs preformed a wide variety of Christmas songs and at the end of the concert Cymbidium Flowers hosted a tea for all the guests and performers.

Cymbidium Flowers may have seemed like an unordinary place to host a choir concert however there was some history behind the decision. The owners of Cymbidium Flowers, Robyn and Rachel Wise are CHS alumni.

The two choirs sang songs together and separately. The Bel Canto Choir has a more classical approach to all of their songs, while Brava which is more of a show choir with beat music and creative dance moves. Their songs came with a touch of humor from junior Savannah Shealy; she played the Santa which included the traditional low pitch “ho ho ho” and a festive sweater. Junior Judy Hong, who is in her first year of Brava, was excited about the performance.

“I thought everyone did great,” Hong said. “All of our seats were filled and there were even people sitting in the back.”

Songs from Brava included “Hey Mister Santa” and other traditional Christmas carols. Both choirs rejoined at the end to sing a new rendition of “Jingle Bells” to the music of The Nutcracker. The choir auctioned off numerous prizes and the bigger winner went to one of the choir members’ father who won a Mary Kay gift basket.

At the end of the concert all the family and friends of the choir members rejoined inside Cymbidium Flowers to partake in tea and other delicious snacks.

Choir Director Sarah Meador is very pleased with the turn out.

“I was surprised how many people came”, Meador said. “We put out 70 chairs and we had to bring out more and even after that there were still people sitting in the back”.

As people left the concert they were given a complimentary candle on the behalf of Cymbidium flowers.

If you didn’t get a chance to see them you are still in luck. Come on Tuesday, Dec. 15 to Coppell High School for the Winter Choir Concert at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.