Respira qualifies to move to nationals

By Gabby Sahm

On March 29, the Coppell High School all girls choir Respira, placed second in their competition in Branson, Mo.

Each participating school had 30 minutes to perform their various routines. The girls performed four songs, which ranged from pop to broadway, and performed a ballad. The songs were “Fairy tail”, “One”, “You Don’t Know Me”, “The Voice Within” and “Please Don’t Stop the Music”.

Once they arrived, they got to walk around and watch some of the other groups perform.

“It was honestly a huge party,” CHS freshman Katie Hohfeler said. “There was music playing and everyone was jumping and dancing.”

The girls got to meet different show choirs from all over the United States and exchanged social media usernames to keep in touch. It was also very heartening that girls got runner-up since they have been working so hard.

“We have been working for months and months,” Hohfeler said. “We were super thrilled to place and we only came in second my a tiny bit.”
Since Respira came in second, they have now qualified for nationals, which takes place on April 26 in Chicago.