Respira heads off to Branson for competition

By Gabby Sahm

Today, the all girls show choir Respira,  traveled to Branson, Mo. for a competition where they will sing and dance in front of hundreds of people with other selected show choirs. They are set to perform throughout the day tomorrow.

Coppell High School juniors Madison Pickett and Kristin Hodges are both part of Respira and have been working very hard in preparation for Branson. From staying after school two days a week, to having weekend rehearsals, they have been cracking the whip lately in order to be perfect for the competition.

“I have been practicing both dancing and singing outside of class to prepare myself for a successful trip,” Hodges said.

Even though the trip is centered around their big performance, both girls are looking forward to being able to spend some time with the other girls. Also being able to see what the other groups come up with is refreshing to see.

“I’m looking forward to the watching the other groups perform,” Pickett said. “When I went last year they were all pretty amazing.”

Respira returns to Coppell late Sunday.