Justin Timberlake delivers 20/20 experience to Dallas fans

Justin Timberlake and the Tennessee Kids performing “Strawberry Bubblegum”. Photo by Stephanie Alexander

By Stephanie Alexander
Entertainment Editor

A voice I have heard and loved since I was a toddler, I finally got to see in person. Something that has been on my concert bucket list since his musical hiatus, I saw Justin Timberlake.

Performed is an understatement. The multiple threat pop star and his band the Tennessee Kids took the American Airlines Center on Wednesday through an action packed three-hour set list that I wish never ended.

As I listen to Timberlake and write this, I am wishing I were back there.

He has moves, looks and talent in every direction. If you were not a JT fan before, this show definitely would make you one.  Did I mention he was gorgeous in an all black suit and guitar? Gorgeous.

When The 20/20 Experience came out earlier this year, I worried the tour would be all new songs and no looking back to the golden days and other hits. I was happily proven wrong.

He played basically everything he is known for and more to the utmost perfection. Looking back at the recordings I took from the show, it is hard to believe that he was that good, but then I think again “It’s Justin Timberlake, of course he is that good”.

He sang his powerful solo/intro of Jay-Z’s “Holy Grail” and intertwined it with “Cry Me A River” which was amazing. He did some covers as well (Michael Jackson’s “Human Nature” and “Heartbreak Hotel” by Elvis Presley  just to name a few), and as he does at every Texas show, the whole crowd sang “Deep in the Heart of Texas”.

There was a moving catwalk that hovered over the floor seating and there were steps on each side so Timberlake could get up close and personal with everyone as the it would move.

The 20/20 Experience World Tour was a great way to end my 2013 concert diary, and I am so happy he is back on stage where he belongs.