In search of a late night study location? Look no further.

By Angela Almeida
Opinions Editor

If you’re like me, and get distracted by various frivolities at your house, it’s likely studying may come as even more of a struggle than what it already is. The library might seem like a viable solution to this problem, however it closes at the very elderly bedtime hour of 9 p.m. Not offering a much better option, Starbucks closes at 9:30, Monday through Thursday (prime studying days), charges you for the internet in conjuction with overpriced drinks. Thus, the following is a compilation of places to study in to the wee hours that are open, affordable and quaint.

1. Tom Thumb (located on 106 North Denton-Tap Road) – Although this may seem rather odd as a place to study, I have found Tom Thumb to be by far the best for those late nights. I mean come on, how many places are open until 1 a.m. on weekdays and provide you with multitudes of caffeine and munchies at your disposal? Moreover, Tom Thumb has a nice little cafe area that offers free wireless internet right when you walk in. Although the starbucks attached closes early, one can sit at the booths and capitalize on the fact that red bull, monstor or whatever supplement your prefer is just a freezer away. In essence, Tom Thumb is a far classier (and safer) option to 7-11.
To find a Tom Thumb in your area visit:
http://www.tomthumb.com/IFL/Grocery/Home

2. Mug & Mouse (located on 11441 N. Stemmons Fwy #117) – Mug & Mouse was the home of my all-nighter APUSH study sessions last year. It is open until about 3 a.m. on weekends, however that doesn’t even hit the surface of its greatness. At Mug & Mouse, bubble tea of all assortments and other amazing liquid fuel provide you with energy to get you through the night. In addition, the couches nezzled each in a corner of their own provide you with an intimate and comfortable study enviornment. Also equally exciting, in the back there is an internet cafe that usually houses a bunch of adolescent, crazy World of Warcraft fans. So if you need a break, just chill out and go watch a competition or five.  Word of Caution: it is located in Harry Hines. However, I never seemed to find danger there, so just go with a partner and you’ll be sure to beat the impending sleep.
To see what people are saying about Mug & Mouse visit: http://tgubbins.blogspot.com/2006/10/mug-mouse.html

3. Café Brazil (located on 6420 N Central Expy) – I’ll admit, I do have some bias towards this place from my heritage, however, trust me when I say that pancakes and AP Macro go over just fine here at about 3 a.m. It is open 24 hours, and provides you with food, drink, study place and a little bit of culture. This breakfast & brunch junction really is the place you want to go on those nocturnal cram sessions, that is, if you’re willing to drive quite a ways.
For more information on Café Brazil visit:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-brazil-dallas-12#hrid:7NSBApSVJ2kf-66ismp5XQ/src:search/query:places

In closing, all three locations have housed some of my latest and dire hours. The payoff is arguably a better grade if you are one prone to ADD-ridden moments or slumber tendencies.