“Breaking Bad” finale leaves fans speechless

Photo Courtesy of AMC
Photo Courtesy of AMC
Photo Courtesy of AMC

By Stephanie Alexander
Entertainment Editor

The legacy of Heisenberg and the crystal blue has taken viewers on a five year journey mixed with love, loss and illegal substances.

“The absolute best ending to the absolute best show,” 2012 Coppell High School graduate Logan McCullough tweeted regarding the “Breaking Bad” series finale.

The last episode, Felina, was heartbreaking to say the least.

What started off with a high school chemistry teacher, Walter White’s, birthday diagnoses of lung cancer, has all summed up to Walt’s death in a meth lab.

“This last season has blown my mind,” junior Brady Knippa said. “I’m always on my toes with this show, there is never a dull moment.”

“Breaking Bad” came to many students’ attention when it appeared on Netflix.

“My neighbor introduced me to ‘Breaking Bad’ about a year and a half ago on Netflix and I was immediately hooked,” senior Hunter Hagan said. “I finished the first two seasons in one week and I have kept up with it ever since.”

There is something about “Breaking Bad” that sets it apart from other programs.

“It is different from other shows. There are crime shows like “Law and Order” and “NCIS”, but the main character being the villain in a way, is a new fresh plot,” Hagan said. “It is hard for a show to be that good.”

“Breaking Bad” has been more than successful in every aspect. With award winning actors and actresses owning their in-depth roles, the attachment to the characters is a strong one.

“This has to be one of the best shows in the past 10 years,” AP psychology teacher Jack Crocker said. “Even though Walt is doing all these bad things, you feel for him. You are almost rooting for him, you want him to win.”

A new spin off about fan favorite Saul Goodman is in the works. “Better Call Saul” is going to be a prequel of Saul’s life before being sucked into Walter White’s life and business.

It feels like there is so much more to say, but you almost have to be content with this ending. As Jesse was finally set free and Walt finishing his unfinished business and just falls to his death. It is still so sad to have to say goodbye to our baby blue.

1