Track Notebook: Lozano hopes to acomplish new goals

Stephanie Gross

Sports Writer

There comes a time in a students career when they must choose different activities and balance their time.Track_Notebook-436x360

For sophomore Paola Lozano, she knows all too well about balancing time between sports and activities.

Since freshman year, Lozano has been involved in both track and cheerleading.

“I began running track in the seventh grade,” Lozano said. “I also began competing in competitive cheer around the same time.”

Since she began participating in track, Lozano has always competed in the field event of pole vaulting.

“I have always been involved in pole vaulting ever since I began track,” Lozano said. “I feel like I have accomplished many things but there is always room for me to grow and improve.”

With cheerleading being a year round sport, Lozano has to balance both sports throughout certain times during the year.

“Even though I have to balance both sports, its pretty easy since they don’t interfere with each other,” Lozano said. “The timing and scheduling for both sports usually ends up always working out.”

With track season beginning in late February, Lozano still continues to practice cheerleading, and track everyday during seventh period and after school.

As far as her future in track goes, Lozano is planning to stay in pole vaulting up until her senior year.

“Its something that I really enjoy doing and I want to stay involved in it as long as possible,” Lozano said.

With both sports of track and cheerleading, for Lozano they both compare to each other due to the fact that they are both individual sports and everyone involved must work on their individual skill and then come together and work as a team.

“Both sports are both very competitive and I like the fact that they are individual and we get to focus on our own skills and then use them as a team,” Lozano said.