Image and video hosting by TinyPic" />

“Anything Goes” waves bon voyage to CHS Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Paige Wilson

Video By Savannah Shealy

After numerous hours of hard work, the cast and crew of Anything Goes finally revealed their production on Oct. 31.  Set in the 1930’s, the play was completely different from any previous musical at Coppell High School and show turned out to be a hit in the eyes of the cast and audience.

“It was very entertaining,” junior Mercedes Ballard said. “Jake Mcready’s character Moonface Martin made it very enjoyable and funny. The singing was stupendous.”

This new musical brought a new time period to portray at CHS and an extremely difficult set, which included the deck of a large boat that converted into an indoor cruise line in a matter of seconds.  This required long hours from the crew. Drama Teacher Bill Ballard, who was in charge of the building of the set, understands all the difficulty the crew faced.

“The play requires a very descriptive set to help the audience understand,” Ballard said. “Last year the set for Footloose was more of an abstract symbol while the set of Anything Goes was needed. This set required way more hours than the Footloose set.”

Another major part of the play was the costumes, a wide range of authentic 1930’s outfits.

“I really enjoyed the costumes,” Ballard said. “I think they added a lot to the performance. I pretty much loved the whole 1930’s feel in general.”

The cast enjoyed performing the play as well. Senior Dinah Smith played one of the lead roles in the show, Reno Sweeny. She was a famous singer who was stuck in a love triangle. The person she thought she loves turns out to be someone else.

“The show went really good, in fact, it is progressively getting good,” Smith said. “We only had one mistake opening night”.

The romantic comedy included numerous love triangles, interesting characters and hilarious stunts. The singing and dancing made it over the top.

Director Lisa Tabor was also extremely happy with the performance.

“It was great,” Tabor said. “It went above and beyond my expectations and I was really happy with the cast.”

The performance proved to be a success with not only the audience but also the cast and crew. It seems that this 1930’s classic will be an everlasting hit at Coppell High School.

Original Video – More videos at TinyPic

2