Golf Notebook: Dickens recovering from injury

Golf+Notebook%3A+Dickens+recovering+from+injury+

Stephanie Gross

Sports Writer

With the fall season coming to an end, Senior Daniel Dickens recovers from a shoulder injury that put him out for most of the season.

Back in late September, Dickens tore his labrum in his shoulder while practicing during a practice round of the Lubbock ISD Invitational.

After going to doctor not too long after, Dickens was told that he would not return back on the course until Nov. 19. Every day since the injury, Dickens has been going to physical therapy to strengthen his shoulder so he can get back to playing.

“The physical therapy has really helped me a lot,” Dickens said. “Since I have been strengthening it, I have felt a lot better.

As of right now, Dickens will still not be able to participate in the last two upcoming boys varsity tournaments, the Fast Freddy (District Preview) and the Ranchview Varsity Boys Invitational.

Dickens will remain out for the rest of the fall season and not be able to return back to the course until February.

“I am ready to get back to playing; I just want to be careful and not re injure my shoulder,” Dickens said.

Dickens is scheduled to go to the doctor on Tuesday and should be cleared and able to go back to regular practices after the Thanksgiving break.

With a fully strengthened shoulder and no more physical therapy needed, Dickens hopes to come back on the course strong and ready for the 2013 spring season.

Varsity “RED” team places second, “WHITE” places sixth

The Varsity Girls North Texas 2-Step tournament was proven to be a challenge for the Coppell Cowgirls. The girls played on Nov. 9-10 at Hidden Creeks and Southern Oaks in Burleson. On day one, none of the Cowgirls were able to shoot in the 70s. With the red team placed fifth and the white team placed sixth in the first round, the Cowgirls were determined to make a comeback. The red team was able finish with a total score of 297. Shooting much lower during round two led the Cowgirls to place second. The white team stayed consistent during the tournament, placing sixth over all.

Sidekick Sports Schedule:

Monday: Volleyball

Tuesday: Cross Country

Wednesday: Football

Thursday: Golf

Friday: Tennis