Golf Notebook: JV girls continue winning streak for fall season

Golf+Notebook%3A+JV+girls+continue+winning+streak+for+fall+season+

Stephanie Gross

Sports Writer

Since the 2012 fall season has started, the girls junior varsity team has been unstoppable, winning every tournament out of the five events that JV has played.

The girls have played in five tournaments this season including Flower Mound Invitational, McKinney Boyd JV Girls Invitational, Legacy JV Invitational, Flower Mound JV Invitational, and the Allen JV Girls Invitational. Throughout all of these events this fall season the girls consecutively placed first.

“Since we talk to each other and communicate, we are able to always do well,” Freshman Belle Tan said. “We stay together and do not cut anyone out, which I think makes us stronger as a team.”

Being able to stay together as a team and work hard has been a huge part of the Cowgirls success for their winning streak this season. Practicing every day and working hard really did pay off for the team.

“We did really well because we talked to each other a lot and learned a lot from one another during practices,” Tan said

On Nov. 5, the JV girls played in their last tournament of the fall, which was the Allen JV Invitational, being declared champions for the final time for the season. Continuing their winning streak, the girls were able to win first place with junior Ashley Kim placing first with a score of 89 and freshman Kylie Wecker placing second with a score of 91.

This last tournament, along with all of the others during the fall tournament season was a huge success for the Cowgirls.

JV Boys take on Lake Dallas Invitational

The JV Red team played in the Lake Dallas Invitational at Lake Park Golf Course and won first place with a total score of 632. Freshman Noah Fuselier placed first (76-76), freshman Joey Mungo placed second (80-77) and sophomore Brycen Kettler played sixth (80-79). Coppell had two individual medalists including juniors David Dickens and Elton Yang who both shot 159, tying for third place. They placed very well as most of the Cowboys who placed seven out of the eight top scores. Much like the JV girls, the boys have been on a winning streak for the fall season as well.

Sidekick Sports Schedule:

Monday: Volleyball

Tuesday: Cross Country

Wednesday: Football

Thursday: Golf

Friday: Tennis