Golf Notebook: Annual fundraiser dinner

Stephanie Gross

Sports Writer

It is that time of year again for all of the annual sports fundraising. The Coppell golf team is hosting it annual Mexican dinner and silent auction on Oct. 26 from 5-7 p.m. in the Coppell High School commons before the football game against Flower Mound Marcus.

Many of the Coppell golf team members are getting ready for their annual event by selling raffle tickets and dinner tickets. Much work goes into this event for the team, including putting up decorations and preparing auction prizes to be sold to the people who attend.

Not only is this event a good experience for the friends and family members who attend, but as well for the players. The members of the team see this as a time not only to prepare for their annual fundraiser but also bond together through activities such as decorating for the dinner.

“It was just little stuff that we are doing to prepare for this dinner,” sophomore golfer Sol Lee said. “Our team decorated chip bags and made center pieces for the tables; it was a lot of fun and felt like a good bonding experience.”

All JV and varsity teams are raising funds to play in more out of town tournaments. The money from the auction will go to benefit the teams and help pay for their tournaments and other things such as hotel rooms. The team uses the money to fund their tournaments and help pay for out of town tournaments.

The CHS golf Mexican dinner and silent auction is expected to have a good turn out with many friends and family members in attendance, to bid on great prizes from cash prizes to rounds at Dallas golf courses to even Hawaiian travel and most importantly, to support the team for their season.

JV and Varsity scheduled to play Thursday and Friday

Today, the JV boys and girls teams are headed to Mansfield to play in the Legacy JV Invitational, while Varsity is scheduled to play in the Denton Guyer Invitational tomorrow.

Sidekick sports notebook schedule:

Monday: Volleyball

Tuesday: Cross Country

Wednesday: Football

Thursday: Golf

Friday: Tennis