Coppell offense runs through Hebron

The offensive line of the Cowboys played a big part in the success of the running game, winning

By Stephanie Gross
Sports Writer

The offensive line of the Cowboys played a big part in the success of the running game, winning by the score of 29-3. Photo by Rinu Daniel.

The Coppell Cowboys, the number two ranked team in the state of Texas, traveled to Carrollton where it beat division opponent Hebron by the score of 29-3.

The potent Cowboys offense got off to a quick start when running back Jacob Logan ran for a 7 yard touchdown in the first quarter with 11:38 left on the clock.  Coppell went up 7-0 after it added the extra point.

In the second quarter, the defense added to the scoring when Coppell sacked the Hebron quarterback, Carson Proffitt, for a safety. Senior running back Luke Jenner then rushed for a touchdown with 7:38 on the clock and Coppell went up on Hebron 16-0.

“We are just so physical and our linemen know what they are doing,” Jenner said. “The linemen can get off and hit anyone in their way.  They can always handle it.”

Coppell ended the first half with a 19-0 lead when Adam Centers kicked a 44-yard field goal.

Hebron finally got on the board with a field goal in the third quarter.

In the fourth quarter, Centers booted his second field goal of the game to give the Cowboys a 22-3 lead. In the waning minutes of the game, Cameron Smith scored Coppell’s third  touchdown of the game on a thirteen yard pass.  After another successful performance by the offense, the players celebrated their victory.

The offensive line of the Cowboys played a big part in the success of the running game.

“It is just something that we have been emphasizing all year and we have always just wanted to come out and play physical,” junior running back Gavin McDaniel said. “I have got to give all credit to the line, without them I would have not been able to do anything.”

Undefeated Coppell now waits to take on one of its division rivals, Flower Mound, next Friday night.