Cowgirls face Eagles in revenge game

By Andy Tabor

Signs encouraging the Volleyball team have appeared on windows all over school. Photo by Kelly Emerson

The Coppell volleyball team is playing the biggest game of their season and possibly volleyball careers tonight against Allen.  Allen comes into this game number one in the area and number four in the state.

Coppell has played Allen twice and has lost twice this season, losing Mallory Cravens for an extended amount of time the second loss.  Cravens last game against Colleyville Heritage, played her best game of the season and will only be more pumped for a match against the Eagles.

“Playing against Allen is going to be a tough task.” Cravens said. “I want to beat them really bad to keep moving on, and because I was injured against them.”

The Eagles are lead by recruit D.J. Phee, who plays outside hitter.  Phee will be the main player in the Eagles’ attack and should be the focus of the Coppell’s blocking and defensive scheme.

The Cowgirls play Allen at Plano West tonight at 7:00, in what should be an entertaining match.