Marcus ends Cowgirls season with 2-0 playoff victory

By Chris Reagan

Senior, Lindsey Meyer, kicks the ball towards the goal. Photo by Davis DeLoach

The Coppell Cowgirls soccer season came to an end at hands of a tough Flower Mound Marcus team, 2-0, on Monday night in the Class 5A bi-district playoffs at Hebron.

The Marauders scored both goals in the second half with a penalty kick from Lexi Jordan and a well-executed play ending in a shot to the back post just out of the goalies reach.

Coppell managed to work the ball up the field but Marcus’ back line was just too strong for them to penetrate and when they finally did shots fell off target.

“It’s tough to see our season end this way,” senior captain Lindsey Meyer, “We worked so hard this season and I’m definitely going to miss these girls.”

Senior, Kasey Johnson's knee is attended to after tearing her ACL. Photo by Davis DeLoach

Senior Kasey Johnson’s knee was injured in the first half and was unable to return to the game, no information was available about the injury until further tests were done.

The Cowgirls finished the season with an overall 18-4-4 record and a 10-2-2 record in district.

The team has seven seniors graduating this year but plenty of underclassmen to fill in the gaps so next year the Cowgirls should be a force in the new, tougher District 5-5A.