Privacy settings not so private

By Lauren VerDuin

Starting March 1, your Web history when using any sort of Google account will be shared across the Google world unless you have manually changed your privacy settings. In order to prevent having your day-to-day browsing history and personal information go public, you must remove this Web history. All of this is a part of Google’s new privacy policy that will be in effect beginning next month.

The main idea of this new policy is for Google to “combine personal information” which enables them to become a lot more involved in your daily life than you might wish. While some users may want their personal information accessible to the company, others feel that this is an invasion of privacy. Information once thought to be concealed by a password will now be available for other Google related programs such as Gmail and Google+ to view and use when needed.

Students at Coppell High School are sure to be affected by this change, since many use Google accounts to complete assignments in multiple classes.  Whether you are a student or an adult, make sure and check your privacy settings before these changes take effect next month.