The Devil Inside to be released tomorrow

By Annie Wen

As school starts back up everyone is already loaded with homework and projects and the countdown to spring break has already begun. A trip to the movies will help combat all of those “I wish it was break again” feelings.

Recently in the past year supernatural horror films have become a sort of cult obsession. The Paranormal Activity film series has been the most successful and have reintroduced demons back into scary movies, instead of the typical slasher horror movies. Following the release of the first few Paranormal Activities we have begun to see many demonic scary movies. Many are centered on exorcisms, such as The Last Exorcism, The Rite, and The Exorcist film series.

This Friday January 6 another exorcist film, The Devil Inside, will be released. The Devil Inside tells the story of a woman, Maria Rossi, who is believe to be possessed by four demons. Twenty years after Maria kills three people her daughter Isabella tries to make sense of what actually happened that night. She travels to see her mother to determine if her mother is mentally ill or demonically possessed. She recruits two young exorcists to cure her mom and a series of exorcisms follows that pulls out the pure evil in the demons.

For movie theaters and times, click here.