Dallas Cowboys practice at Buddy Echols Field

By Andy Tabor

Photo by Tyler Morris
Photo by Tyler Morris

The Dallas Cowboys used the Coppell Cowboys football stadium for Wednesday’s practice.  With rain drenching both Cowboy practice fields, Coppell was the best choice for Dallas to use.

“Coppell has always been hospitable to the Dallas Cowboys,” Public Relations Director Rich Dalrymple said. “It is really convenient to come and practice here because of the short distance it is from our regular practice site.”

The Cowboys first did mainly defensive and special teams at the start of practice, then switched to strictly offensive and defensive drills once many of the offensive starters showed up around 1:30 p.m.  Quarterback Tony Romo, running back Marion Barber and tight end Jason Witten were all in attendance including new return man Allen Rossum.

“Well we expect to see Miles [Austin] more as wide receiver so picking up Allen [Rossum] as a specialist helps improve our return game.” Dalrymple said. “He is the best in the league at his craft and anytime you can upgrade you should do it.”

Many students heard that the Cowboys were practicing and tried as hard as possible to get in the away stands to view the practice.  Although it is a bye week the Dallas Cowboys are still practicing hard.  The next time the Dallas Cowboys practice at Coppell is undecided.

“It just depends on the sky.” Dalrymple said. “We like to use Southlake’s indoor turf room also but today the schedule worked out best for the use of Coppell’s field and we appreciate them for having us.”

Gallery by Tyler Morris

1