Carnival takes the party elsewhere

ooths with typical carnival games were lined the walkways. Photo by Jodie Woodward
Booths with typical carnival games were lined the walkways. Photo by Jodie Woodward

By Kara Adkins

The Ferris wheel is being taken apart, the lemonade stand hauled away, but the memories of the St. Ann’s carnival will be with many Coppell residents for a lifetime.

This weekend, September 9 through 11, was St. Ann’s 17th annual carnival and it was just as exciting as the very first. Many students from Coppell high school attended the event and couldn’t get enough of the famous food, crazy rides, and classic games.

“I loved every minute of the carnival this year, it was as good as past years I have gone, and I just enjoyed hanging out with all of my friends there,” senior Maddie Martin said, “Even standing in line waiting for rides was fun since I had the company of my friends with me.”

The carnival was a great opportunity for students to come out and support their community while catching up with friends and savoring the change in weather.

“I have been going to the carnival for the past few years and it never ceases to impress me.” senior Nicki Diamond said, “St. Anns did a great job of putting together this event and I think it was much better than last year since they didn’t schedule it on homecoming weekend like they did last fall.”

The carnival made sure to have something for everybody. It offered games with incredible prizes for those scared of the fast spinning rides and for those who were just looking for a nice relaxed weekend it had neat items and trinkets for sale.

“My favorite part of the St. Ann’s carnival was seeing all of my friends from the high school and getting to enjoy all of the festivities,” senior Phillip Ellis said, “I always love to play bingo every year at the Carnival and I also liked the fun house with all of the mirrors because it’s fun making wrong turns and trying to find your way out.”

The carnival proved itself in every aspect just as it has done for years past.  It turned out to be a beautiful weekend full of friends and fun. For many Coppell residents they cannot wait until next fall for the carnival to return to our town once again.