Best upcoming concerts

Graphic by Arden Radford.

Shelby Jurca

Looking for a little musical entertainment in the next couple of months? Well Dallas isn’t planning to disappoint. Several well-known and elaborate artists are coming to town, and they plan to leave their mark.

Lady Gaga-Monster Ball Tour: March 14 (American Airlines)

Lady Gaga is going bigger and more bazaar than ever. Her stage presence is extremely elaborate and she does things that no one else would ever even dream of doing, and she’s entered her latest tour with that mind of her own that fans have grown to love. Gaga’s Monster Ball Tour will have an incorporated story line throughout the entire show, which will be interesting to see, critics say that “The Wizard of Oz”, “West Side Story”, “Metropolis”, and “Angels in America” are all included in the concert. Lady Gaga’s matchless style shines bright with countless unique costume changes, dozens of neon lights, and an overall concert atmosphere that will leave concertgoers speechless. Ticket prices range from $33 to $7000.

Dashboard Confessional: March 27 (Palladium Ballroom/The Loft)

Though Dashboard Confessional might not be as big of a hit as Lady Gaga, their concert is definitely worth your time. Dashboard Confessional is an alternative rock band and their songs are full of passion and emotion conveyed through heartfelt lyrics and clever wordplay. They’re bringing back the 90’s music that the nation fell in love with, while still incorporating some more modern sounds. Lead singer Chris Carrabba is sure to please the crowd with fan favorites such as “Vindicated”, “Stolen”, and “screaming Infidelities”. Dashboard Confessional mixes blues with rock and

Lil Wayne-I Am Music II Tour 2011: April 15 (American Airlines)

Lil Wayne is in the building. The rapper’s latest concert tour will include overwhelming surprises that will leave you begging for more. Wayne emerges at the beginning of his performance through a trapdoor amidst smoke. He is deciding to slow things down during some songs, just him and his guitar. However, there will be fire. Critics say that during the performance of “Fireman”, Wayne shot fire into the audience. Opening acts for Lil Wayne consist of Keyshia Cole, T-Pain, and Gym Class Heroes. During T-Pain’s performance, the stage is turned into a circus, resembling Cirque du Soleil. Though the concert might be long, critics say it’s worth it. Lil Wayne shows his happiness as a performer, and the audience is driven to jump and sing along to every song. Ticket prices range from $50 to $130.

Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights: March 12 (The Granada Theater)

Though the most unknown, Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights captivates an audience and instantly make everyone in the crowd a fan. With roots in Texas, Tyler truly conveys that home is where the heart is. This down to earth band can bring energy to any venue they’re put in. I’ve met several people that have seen them live and they say they do awesome covers of everything from the Black Crows to Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Jonathan Tyler and the Northern Lights is the band you go see when you’re in the mood for something chill and feel like jumping up and down at the same time. Tickets are now being sold for $71.

2