Team Up for St. Jude’s Campaign to Take Place Friday

Beth Anne Carroll

Every now and then, teenagers have the chance to contribute to a cause much bigger than themselves. Students of Coppell High School will have that opportunity this week. In SPUR classes on Friday, Coppell will be participating in the Team up for St. Jude’s fundraiser for the second year.

St. Jude’s is a children’s research hospital that treats children with diseases for free. Students of CHS will be writing letters to people they know to raise money for the hospital. The school has a goal of writing 10,000 letters and raising $20,000 dollars for St. Jude. There are many incentives for students to participate. The grade that writes the most letters will win an extra off-campus lunch and the student that writes the most letters will win a Flip camera. Dress up days all week will get students ready for the big event on Friday.

This is a really great cause that can benefit so many people all across the country and I think it is great that CHS is getting involved with it. The best part is that it is really easy to contribute to this fundraiser. All you have to do is write a few letters and you can raise money. So dig out your address books and call your relatives and get ready to write some letters for a great cause.

1