Madrigal Choir embodies medieval spirit for 29th annual Madrigal Feast

Vibha Viswanath
Coppell senior Divya Ghanta and junior Sweetie Ansah act as Sofia and The Minstrel during the Madrigals Feast. Coppell Choir hosted the 29th annual Madrigals Feast at the CHS Commons on Friday and Saturday.

Hear ye, Hear ye!

Coppell High School Madrigal Choir’s production of “Follow Me in Merry Measure” was brought to life at the Madrigals Feast on Friday and Saturday. The CHS Commons took on a medieval spin to set the scene. 

The spirit of the Middle Ages was not only meticulously reflected through the enchanting ambiance but also woven into the performers’ costumes. 

Silky blue and burgundy tunics rimmed with gold gave contrast to the stark castle walls, encompassing the audience within the pages of a history book. 

The night opened with a traditional wassail toast; serving as a favorable homage to the King, portrayed by New Tech High @ Coppell senior Preston Johnson, while channeling a welcoming atmosphere for its guests.  

Coppell High School Madrigals welcome guests to the feast with a wassail toast. Coppell Choir hosted the 29th annual Madrigals Feast at the CHS Commons on Friday and Saturday.
(Vibha Viswanath)

Traversing through an array of classic Christmas carols such as “Throw Open Your Shutters!” “The First Noel,”  and “Sweeter Still,” directors Bona Coogle and Aaron Coronado were able to center around the holiday spirit. 

The King and Queen, played by senior Ana Jesayen, and their court mesmerized the audience with haunting vocals ranging from soulful hymns accompanied by magical tunes. Coppell choir’s vocal prowess added a captivating dimension to the performance. 

In between acts, performers interacted with members of the audience, treating the guests to a hearty meal, featuring a spread of grilled vegetables, salad, roasted chicken and dessert —one fit for royalty.

Returning guests to the present day, the Madrigal Feast concluded with a rendition of “Say, Love,” allowing the audience to revel in merry enjoyment.