Unboxing the UGGs

A seasonal guide to styling, caring for these comfortable shoes
Kayla Nguyen
With the arrival of winter, more Coppell High School students are seen wearing UGG shoes and boots. UGG boots and slippers have risen in popularity at Coppell High School with students sporting various styles, worn casually or dressed up. Kayla Nguyen

As the weather gets colder, it is finally time to put on your puffer jackets and knit sweaters to bundle up. 

You can make a cup of hot cocoa, light a candle or cozy up with a book – but you can not forget to keep your feet warm. Along with the arrival of winter, a familiar pair of shoes emerges: UGGs.

Since 1978, the UGG brand has been well-loved throughout Europe and the United States, known exclusively for its sheepskin boots. Even today, UGG shoes continue to dominate social media and remain a fashion staple. They are the perfect blend of comfy and chic and in every “it” girl’s winter closet. 

With the arrival of winter, more Coppell High School students are seen wearing UGG shoes and boots. UGGs are a popular pick among students at CHS, as many are seen wearing them throughout the day. Deepika Kumar (Deepika Kumar)

A popular pick among students is the UGG Tasman Slipper, which features a woven braid and is lined in sheepskin. 

Many students are seen wearing the Tasman throughout Coppell High School, including CHS senior Alyza Awan, who owns the UGG Tasman Slipper in chestnut. 

“I like them a lot because they’re super warm for the winter and they make outfits look a little bit more casual and effortless,” Awan said. 

The Tasman is ideal for everyday wear, such as running errands or studying at the library.

If you’re looking for simple and snug shoes, the UGG Tasman Slipper is right up your alley. When paired with a baggy outfit, such as a hoodie and sweatpants, the Tasman creates a soft and comfortable feel. 

“I like to wear them with big pants because the shoes kind of have a weird shape to them,” Awan said.

Tie your hair into an updo using a claw clip and wear a dainty necklace to capture the clean, put-together style. To elevate your look even further, add a pair of chunky hoop earrings. 

The UGG Classic Ultra Mini Boot is a cutesy take on UGG’s trademark shoes. CHS junior Haneed Awad owns the Classic Ultra Mini in grey. 

“I think they’re really comfortable and stylish, and you can wear them with anything,” Awad said. 

The Classic Ultra Mini is shorter than the well-known UGG Classic Short Boot, stopping right at the ankle.

If you want to dress like you’re walking in a winter wonderland, the UGG Classic Ultra Mini Boot is definitely the pick. 

“I like to wear a matching set, like sweatpants and a sweatshirt, with my UGGs,” Awad said.

The Classic Ultra Mini looks especially darling when worn with a pair of knit leg warmers. Throw on a thick scarf and fuzzy earmuffs to complete the seasonal sweetheart look. 

UGGs are perfect for the winter, but a necessary precaution should be taken before they’re all set to wear. 

“I don’t like that the material stains easily because it’s suede, so you can’t wear them in the rain,” Awan said.

The downside to UGG shoes is that once they get wet, they’re forever ruined. 

“It just makes them hard to wear and it makes my feet cold when they’re dipped in water,” said CHS junior Keeya Rathod, who owns the UGG Classic Mini Boot in chestnut.

“Other than that, there aren’t any issues.” 

However, there is a solution: the UGG Care Protector

Spraying this product on UGG shoes helps to protect them from snow and water staining. Using the UGG Care Protector lets you keep your UGGs looking fresh and new.

Among the many gifts the holiday season brings, let UGG shoes be one of them. Whether you’re playing in the snow or just going to school, UGGs are timeless, warm, and perfect for you. For every person, there’s an UGG shoe.

Follow @CHSCampusNews on X.