Brand and Hill reunite to bring you “Get Him to the Greek”

By Wren Culp

Russell Brand and Jonah Hill shoot Get Him to the Greek in NYC's Central Park on July 30.

Get Him To The Greek, starring Jonah Hill and Russell Brand, comes to theaters June 4th, 2010; but is it good enough to get you to shell out your hard earned money?

Get Him To The Greek is written and directed by Nicholas Stoller and produced by Judd Apatow, the same team behind the last movie with Hill and Brand, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. In fact, Get Him To The Greek is a spin off, with Brand reprising his role as Aldous Snow (a drugged up rocker), and Hill as an entirely new character, Aaron Green.

To answer the question put forth above, if you loved Knocked Up, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall you will love Get Him To The Greek as it contains the same type of humor.

I went into the movie and expected a bunch of garbage humor to be displayed before me but I was very surprised. The way that Hill and Brand talked to each other pretty much made the movie.

The main source of comedy is the “fish out of water” characterization with Aaron (Hill) trying frantically to keep up with Snow’s (Brand) wild rocker lifestyle of drugs, partying, and women. The audience was dying laughing as Aaron is dragged kicking and screaming through night clubs, strip clubs, drug parties, and suicide attempts; or just another day in the life of a washed up rock star.

Do you expect an array of rounded out characters that develop in relation to the equally compelling plot? Think about the plot and the cast on this one, or just watch the trailer. Needless to say this will not be nominated for many awards based on the acting performances and writing. Are you tired of predictable outcomes to movies? The ending is fairly predictable here, not too many surprises or plot twists. But in the end the comedy makes the movie enjoyable and fairly easy to get through

Having said all this, would I recommend this movie? I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone  who wants to laugh along to a forgettable popcorn movie that they can quote for a couple days before it gets old.