Why Harry Potter deserves its place in the fantasy hall of fame

By Maddie Walters

If you were to ask anyone of the “Narcissistic Generation” (kids our age), a majority of them would be able to confirm for you that Harry Potter is probably the best fantasy book ever written.

The main reason I’m able to make such an outlandish claim is this fact: We all grew up with Harry Potter.

I can remember back to the first grade when my grandmother gave me my first copy of The Chamber of Secrets and, surprisingly enough, my lack of interest in it. It wasn’t until I began reading the most popular book series of the 21st century that I was fully able to understand the magic and rapture that comes from the Harry Potter series.

And so my journey with Harry continued until the final book came out in 2007, my freshman year of high school. Now, looking back as a senior, it feels unreal to comprehend the fact that Harry has been with me for the entirety of my childhood.

Needless to say, the Harry Potter series will be one that I will share with my kids, because despite it’s incredibly large and devoted (and often annoying) fan base, Harry Potter provides entertainment through impeccable writing and one of the most intriguing plot lines ever written.

Bascially, Harry Potter is the most awesome book series ever.

End of story.

2