Rain hurting Coppell tennis during district

By Gaby Moran

Rain, rain go away, please let us play tennis today.

Since thursday Sept. 10, rain has been the only weather Coppell has seen. While rain is good for the plants and grass, it is hurting the Coppell tennis team during their district matches.

One rule about tennis is that if the courts are slick, tennis cannot be played due to the fact of easily falling and hurting oneself. So even just enough rain to cover the courts will cancel any tennis to be played.

The Coppell tennis team has not had a chance to practice tennis for 7 days in a row. This is hurting their chances to do well in their district matches. On the one day of no rain this week (Tuesday), Coppell had to play Hebron in a match, which they won 12-7.  Without any practice, this made the match closer than it should have been.

Although Hebron is not one of the toughest matches of district, this coming Tuesday is the team’s hardest match agaisnt Marcus. The team needs all the practice they can get in order to be ready to battle Marcus for first place in district.

Rain, rain go away and give the Coppell team a chance to play.