Cowboys looking to prevail against Waxahachie

Rithik Chennupati, Staff Writer

Sally Parampottil
Coppell senior guard Adam Moussa shoots around Eaton junior Bobby McCarthy on Tuesday at Trinity High School in Euless. The Cowboys face Waxahachie tomorrow at 7 p.m. at Timberview High School in Arlington for the Class 6A Region I area playoffs.

The Cowboys may face the toughest challenge they have all year, No. 4 state-ranked Waxahachie.

Coppell (29-5) plays Waxahachie at Timberview High School in Arlington tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the Class 6A Region I area playoffs.

The Cowboys started their playoff campaign with a commanding 80-46 victory against Eaton on Tuesday at Trinity High School in Euless. 

“Waxahachie likes to run the ball fast in transition, so that will be something we need to work on to prepare for this game,” Coppell senior guard Brandon Taylor said. “Another `thing Eaton killed us on were rebounds, so we are going to put an emphasis on that against Waxahachie.”

According to Taylor, the Cowboys will look to also run their transition offense and use their defense to create points. 

“All around, they have good shooters, so on defense, we need to get steals and don’t let them get easy points or paint points,” Taylor said. 

It has been more than 10 years since the Cowboys have made it past the second round, but they look to change that with a win over Waxahachie.

Follow Rithik (@Rithikc11) and @SidekickSports on Twitter.