GlobalPulse: Top 3 Interesting Events of the Week

By Angela Almeida
Opinions Editor

United States: Dubbed by The New York Times as an “adrenaline addict,” Journalist Carl Hoffman has few qualms. Over the past five months, Hoffman has traveled all over the world taking the airlines and other modes of transportation with statstically the worst ratings. Hoffman just returned back from Kabul, where he met a French woman doing virtually the same thing he was, that is, testing the world’s limits.

To see more about Hoffman visit: http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/23/lunatic.express.carl.hoffman/index.html

South America: “Avatar” director James Cameron is teaming up with indigenous rights activists in Brazil to save the rain forest and stop the projected dam that would flood miles of it. Cameron claims he was inspired to make “Avatar” by the plight of the native people of the rain forest. If the dam were to be constructed, approximately 25,000 people from 18 tribes would be displaced. Apparently, Cameron’s company is also sponsoring the planting of a million trees globally in light of Earth Day.

Middle East: According to Iranian cleric Hojatoleslam Kazim Sadeghi , promiscuous women are the cause of the recent string of earthquakes. Evidently, girls who do not dress “appropriately” and conduct in pre-marital sexual activity are the ones fueling the earthquakes.

To read interesting stories further visit: http://newspulse.cnn.com/