Image and video hosting by TinyPic" />

28th annual Coppell Chamber of Commerce Gala a success Image and video hosting by TinyPic

by Ashley Attanucci
Video by Matt French

On Feb. 27, the Coppell Chamber of Commerce held its 28th annual Gala event, this year at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lewisville with a boogie theme, calling it the Boogie Ball.

“It is a fun time,” Margie Marek, Membership Consultant said. “The community comes as well as the Chamber members and it is the biggest fundraiser for the Chamber. This year it is themed so we dressed up like disco.”

The event, from 6:30 to midnight, was open to all Coppell residents over 21. Activities included a silent auction, live music by Le Freak, food and of course an open floor for dancing. The Gala even offered a free baby-sitting facility where kids could enjoy “Boogie Ball Jr.”. Guests included Mayor Jane Peters as well as many other Coppell residents. Guests were encouraged to dress for the Boogie theme (click here for the Chamber’s photo gallery). Tickets cost $75 per person or $700 per table.

“They’ve been planning it for a long time,” Marco Arce, CHS Senior and Chamber employee said. “We have committees and everything. It takes a lot of work. It’s a big event -we have dinner, an auction, a silent auction, a dance and we even have a band playing.”

The Gala was held to raise funds for the Chamber as well as support its scholarship program. This year the Chamber is glad to announce that a total of $12,000 will be given to graduating seniors of 2010 (applications were due April 5th), where last year they were able to award $6,000. The students that will be benefiting from this program will be selected by the Education Committee of the Chamber as well as members of the Scholarship Committee.

Another Gala is in the works, so keep your ears and eyes open to find out about the next Gala theme.

1