From cheese dip to painted tiles: Holiday House serves as the intersection of all handmade goods

Shoppers+choose+various+popcorn+flavors+at+Nikki%E2%80%99s+Popcorn+booth+in+the+lower+level+of+the+cafeteria+during+Coppell+High+School%E2%80%99s+Holiday+House+on+Sunday.+Holiday+House+is+an+annual+benefit+for+Project+Graduation+and+provides+an+opportunity+to+buy+homemade+Christmas+gifts+from+local+sellers.+

Samantha Freeman

Shoppers choose various popcorn flavors at Nikki’s Popcorn booth in the lower level of the cafeteria during Coppell High School’s Holiday House on Sunday. Holiday House is an annual benefit for Project Graduation and provides an opportunity to buy homemade Christmas gifts from local sellers.

Anvitha Reddy, Staff Writer

On a typical Sunday, the halls of Coppell High School are empty; the sounds of people clamoring are a rarity. However, on Sunday, CHS was filled with giggles of children, bells from Christmas wreaths and the voices of vendors selling products to their customers for the annual CHS Project Graduation Holiday House.More than 100 vendors lined the edges of the Commons as people swarmed the hallways in search for the perfect holiday gift. Some individuals attended the Coppell Holiday House for the first time, but others attend annually. 

“I love [to communicate with vendors],” attendee Tammy Purcell said “ My sisters and I come every year, this is one of our favorite [craft shows]”

Between the vendors and the customers, each have a unique story represented in the goods they sell and buy. 

Local businesses including UniquelyNeily, a hand painted coaster and tile business, started out as an artistic outlet but turned into a business that reaches others. 

“So many items come from overseas and are cheap quality but products at markets like this are high quality,” UniquelyNeily founder Jennifer Neily said. “I think [handmade goods] make people smile, each item is different and unique.”

While the Holiday House fosters a sense of community, it also allows local businesses to prosper. 

“It’s a small business and [going to markets] mobilizes our reach,” The Amazing Dip Company employee Trisha Wentrcek said. “We are able to reach a much bigger audience.”

The Holiday House establishes connections between the individuals buying the products and the vendors 

“It’s just really nice to hear [little stories] about [each product], you just always remember them” Purcell said. 

Follow Anvitha Reddy (anvithareddytx) and @CHSCampusNews on Twitter.