CHS band leaves for Corpus Christi

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

The Coppell High School band, while often busy playing at multiple football games and practicing for seasonal concerts, is especially busy this week. With UIL on both Wednesday and Thursday, the band is set to leave this Friday for Corpus Christi as part of their annual trip.

Roughly two hundred band kids are set to ride up to Corpus Christi on the bus, leaving during second period on Friday and returning around seven PM on Monday night. While there, all four of the bands will perform at a contest on Saturday.

For the remaining time, the band students will be allowed to option to spend free time at the beach or taking tours of the area. Each student is given $75 to spend on groceries while there, forced to cook their own meals rather than eating out as they have done in the past.

“I’m an awful cook, so I’m a little worried,” junior flute player Mitali Sathaye said. “I’m just hoping my roomates will be good at it. But I think it will be interesting and fun to learn, and another thing that will make the trip more memorable when I’m looking back on it.”

Despite the threat of rainy weather and thunderstorms, the band kids vow to make the best of their trip. With a cookoff and sand castle contest, the trip should prove to be both entertaining and a learning experience for all members going.