Fourth period classes collect pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House

Coppell High School club, Lil’ Rascals, began a school-wide compilation of the pop tabs from soda cans which were to be collected today in the fourth period classes. The pop tabs will help to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House Charity located in Dallas.

The charity is set up to help provide for sick kids and their families, donating money for medical care, dental care and housing. By bringing in the pop tabs, students will be able to raise money for the organization and help families in need.

Students won’t only be helping families though. The fourth period class that managed to collect the most pop tabs will be rewarded with a pizza party.

With this incentive, students got creative in trying to find ways to get as many pop tabs as possible.

” My mom works with a lot of people and I knew that most of them drank sodas and just threw the cans away,” junior Andrew Ko said. ” I asked her if she could collect the pop tabs from her co-workers before getting rid of the cans. It was such a simple thing to do and it felt good to be contributing to a cause.”

The winners will be announced on April 16th during 2nd period after the total of the pop tabs has been added up for the classes.