TLC students prepare to “Rock the Plaza” with charity event

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

As part of an ongoing process to help the less fortunate in local areas, Teen Leadership Coppell – a group of roughly 30 CHS juniors chosen for their leadership potential – has organized a “Rock the Plaza” event to raise money for charities around Coppell. Occuring on Sat., March 27, from 4 – 7 PM, the free event promises music, food and a good time for all community members.

Taking place behind Coppell City Hall on the stage area, a series of performances are set to occur, ranging from Amber Open Skies, a local band comprising of 4 CHS juniors that has gained much acclaim in recent months due to several local performances alongside one in the Dallas House of Blues, to vocal performances from upcoming singers such as junior Natalie Gale, senior Hannah Pace and a duet by juniors Judy Hong and Mackenzie Orr, in addition to many others. Alongside local talent, free food, such as hot dogs and cold beverages, are available to all those that attend to enjoy while watching.

Donations are requested in the forms of canned food in order to be gifted to the local Food Pantry, an organization that collects these cans to give to those in the Coppell Independent School District, whether they live in Coppell or Valley Ranch, who are in need of basic foodstuffs, but do not have the means to otherwise obtain them. Along with cans, monetary donations will also be accepted at the event.

Regardless of whether or not a donation is made, the event is sure to be a good time, with practiced performances and delicious food to enjoy at no cost. “Rock the Plaza” looks to be a community event that will not only prove to be enjoyable, but also go towards a good cause.

In order to learn more about this event, contact Cindy Warner by phone at (972) 304 – 8344 or email at [email protected], or talk to a member of Teen Leadership Coppell.