CHS softball to honor teachers at game against Berkner

Varsha Kanneganti

The Coppell softball team has gone undefeated in District 9-6A this season, and has also secured a spot in playoffs. On Tuesday, the team hosts Berkner for Teacher Appreciation Night.

Pramika Kadari, Staff Writer

Often, teachers help students in many aspects of their life other than school. On Tuesday at 7 p.m., each Coppell varsity softball team member will choose one teacher to honor at their home game against Berkner because it is their teacher appreciation game.

Players will select whichever teacher they are the most thankful for, and the teachers will be recognized before the game. CHS freshman and second baseman Sydney Ingle chose Coppell Middle School East athletic coach Christi Bryan, who impacted her greatly.

“You kind of dedicate the game to them for everything they’ve done for you,” Ingle said. “I chose Coach Bryan because I was new to Coppell in middle school and she was one of the first people to welcome me. She was there for me in more situations than just the athletic pieces of life.”

The Cowgirls (9-0) have clinched a spot in the Class 6A playoffs.

“We’re putting it all together now, becoming better as a team, especially the new freshman that are on the varsity team,” Ingle said. “The seniors have been really helpful, they’re helping put the team together. Our offense and defense is coming together really well.”

Senior left fielder Claire George, junior pitcher Nora Rodriquez and junior catcher Ari Frigueroa are a few of the key players on the team.

The playoffs start on April 28 with bi-district play.