Mathieu appearing Saturday at public library

The Cozby Library and Community Commons is a public library in Coppell which many Coppell High School students attend. Author Jennifer Mathieu will visit the library on Saturday to promote her book and speak about the craft of writing.

Pramika Kadari

Pramika Kadari

Pramika Kadari

Pramika Kadari, Staff Writer

Writing a book is a solitary activity–months of being shut in a room, your eyes glued to a screen. On Saturday, author Jennifer Mathieu will break out of that shell when she visits Coppell to speak about her latest release: the young adult novel Moxie.

The event at the Cozby Library and Community Commons is from 7-8 p.m. Moxie is Mathieu’s fourth book, and tells the story of a young girl who starts a feminist revolution in her small town high school.

“It’s really rewarding to go out and talk to people about what you like to write about,” Mathieu said. “Because I am here in Houston, I do a lot of events in Texas because it’s easy for me travel. [But] I’ve never been to Coppell, so I’m looking forward to that.”

During the event, Mathieu will present a short slide show, which will detail her writing background and the process she follows to complete a book. Additionally, she will dedicate time to speaking specifically about Moxie. The presentation will end with Mathieu offering tips for aspiring writers; afterward, she will answer questions from the audience.

“I believe they will also be selling copies of my book while I’m there,” Mathieu said. “So I can autograph for anyone who wants to buy a book.”

Follow Pramika @pramika_kadari

About the Contributor
Pramika Kadari, Copy Editor

Pramika Kadari is a junior and the Copy Editor on The Sidekick. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, watching movies and spending time with friends....