• Coppell ISD Board of Trustees approves Brad Hunt as new superintendent

• Dr. Nicole Jund has been named Coppell High School's new principal.

• Jill Popelka has formally resigned from her Place 2 seat on the Coppell ISD Board of Trustees

Waldrip leaving Coppell ISD for superintendent position at Frisco ISD

Cutline%3A+On+Monday%2C+Coppell+ISD+Superintendent+Mike+Waldrip+announced+his+resignation+from+the+district+to+accept+the+superintendent+position+at+Frisco+ISD.+
Cutline: On Monday, Coppell ISD Superintendent Mike Waldrip announced his resignation from the district to accept the superintendent position at Frisco ISD.

Meara Isenberg

Meara Isenberg

Sakshi Venkatraman, Executive News Editor

In a letter to parents and faculty yesterday afternoon, Coppell ISD Superintendent Mike Waldrip announced his departure from the district to accept the recently vacated superintendent position at Frisco ISD.

Before his two years at CISD, Waldrip served as the Deputy Superintendent of Administrative Operations for Frisco Independent School District since 2002.

“As you can imagine, the decision was not an easy one,” Waldrip’s said in his letter. “I will cherish the time I have spent here at the school district.”

Waldrip’s resignation is effective June 30 and the CISD Board of Trustees will soon begin its search for a replacement.

“In leaving, know that I am proud of our accomplishments and wish the students, staff community my very best,” Waldrip’s letter said.