Brisco’s most beautiful travel destinations

by Melissa Brisco

Yesterday, Yahoo!Travel published an article stating the five most beautiful cities in the world. The cites in order are: Paris,  San Francisco, Sydney, Florence and Cape Town.

I absolutely adore traveling and these are all places that I dream of visiting. Florence is actually the place that I would like to go most in the world. I am so fascinated with Italy. I would love to explore every city on the continent if it were possible.

I have never been to any of these places, but I have done my fair share of traveling on this continent. My list of the most beautiful places that I have been are: Maui, HI; Madaket, MA; Aspen, CO; Yellowstone, WY and Linares, Mexico.

Maui is a wildly popular vacation destination and parts of it are overcrowded and full of visitors, but the beaches are some of the most amazing that I have ever seen.

Madaket is located on the island of Nantucket off of the coast of Massachusetts. Nantucket is where I spent my childhood summers and holds a very special place in my heart. Nantucket is a quaint beach destination that has become much more popular since my family originally started going there, but it is still a truly great escape.

Aspen, Colorado is the next destination on my list. Aspen is located in the heart of Colorado and is famous for their beautiful, unique trees with white trunks and partially opaque, green leaves. Aspen is less crowded than Breckenridge, and possibly more beautiful.

I went to Yellowstone, Wyoming almost 10 years ago, but it made a lasting impression on me, and I would love to go back eventually. Yellowstone has the most breathtaking ‘supervolcanos’ which are basically craters of colorful lava, mountains, rivers and expansive wildlife.

Linares, Mexico is a small town outside of Montemorelos, Mexico that I stayed in during a mission trip with my youth group. This town is surrounded by mountains and has the most amazing sunset that I have ever seen. This city is especially memorable to me because of the experiences that I had there.

To see the original yahoo article, click here.