Cowgirls siege Lady Trojans in district volleyball

Coppell High School Cowgirl varsity volleyball team huddles to talk and congratulate each other after the win against Trinity High School. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School sophomore Breanne Chausse spikes the ball while warming up to defeat Trinity High School. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School sophomore Breanne Chausse spikes the ball while warming up to defeat Trinity High School. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night’s game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School junior Katie Herklotz prepares to hit over the net on the right side.The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School junior Katie Herklotz prepares to hit over the net on the right side.The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night’s game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School senior Kylie Hagen-Breitenwischer runs to cover the floor along with other varsity players. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School senior Kylie Hagen-Breitenwischer runs to cover the floor along with other varsity players. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night’s game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School senior Caroline Riley serves the ball to begin the set against the Trojans. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School senior Caroline Riley serves the ball to begin the set against the Trojans. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night’s game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School junior Katie Herklotz and freshman Mykayla Myers blocks the ball while the Trinity High School player spikes the ball. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School junior Katie Herklotz and freshman Mykayla Myers blocks the ball while the Trinity High School player spikes the ball. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night’s game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School senior Caroline Riley anticipates the ball on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School senior Caroline Riley anticipates the ball on Friday night’s game in the CHS large gym. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School freshman Mykayla Myers warms up blocking before the big game against Trinity High School. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night's game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.

Coppell High School freshman Mykayla Myers warms up blocking before the big game against Trinity High School. The Cowgirls won all three sets, the first with a score of 25-9, 25-17, and 25-11 on Friday night’s game in the CHS large gym. Photo by Megan Winkle.