Environmental Sciences teachers to host screening of “Cowspiracy”

Sai Sailaja Seshadri

staff writer

@saisailu97

An evening at the movies is always an exhilarating experience. The only thing that can make it better is being able to go with you friends.

The environmental science teachers at Coppell High School are planning a screening of the famous documentary Cowspiracy; a film about the effects of the animal agriculture industry on the planet. The event is on Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m, and it is a special screening at Cinemark 15 Vista Ridge Mall.

CHS environmental science teacher Angela Barnes created an online event program for students and parents to buy tickets.

“Learners in CHETA club learned about this film through a Dallas vegan group. As word spread, my science classes wanted to see it too,” Barnes said. “I think that young people are naturally curious about where their food comes from, especially when what they eat could have negative environmental, health and ethical implications.”

Tickets will be on sale until Nov. 25, and the event is open to everyone. For more information, students can go to any of the environmental science teachers, or click here to purchase the tickets, which are $11 each.

“I want to thank my environmental science, earth space science and CHETA kids for caring about this film as much as I do and working to make this special screening happen,” Barnes said.

1