Beloved holiday shopping

by Ashley Attanucci

Everybody knows that the holiday season is all about the joy of giving -buying or making gifts and distributing them to the ones you love. While I admit that giving is the most rewarding part of the the season, December goes deeper than the “giving” aspect.

I am not an avid shopper myself, but for those many who shop frequently and who are professionals at bargain hunting, the holiday shopping season is as awesome as tax-free weekend. Not only is holiday gift shopping more exciting than other shopping experiences (getting to shop for others can be quite a thrill) but the aftermath of the holidays brings great sales and blowouts.

Usually, for the serious shoppers, no money is spent untill after Christmas day; they wait for lowered prices. But this year’s post-holiday shopping extravaganza does not look extravagent at all. December shoppers will not find themselves nearly as lucky as they may have been with November’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday: shoppers this year are spending more than expected on gifts and buying at higher prices, so stores aren’t feeling the pressure to slash back prices (click here for more information).

Hit these stores for bargain presents or innovative gifts:
Old Navy: year-round, Old Navy offers great prices but during the holiday season they have thecutest stocking stuffers from scarves, slippers and PJs to dog toys, thermoses and stockings.

Wal-mart: always has great, low prices along with great gifts this year. Soft, cozy blankets and fun toys and games for game night all for under or around ten dollars.

The App Store: since almost everybody seems to have an iPhone (I’m sure atleast a couple of your friends own an iPhone or iTouch),  gift them with cool and fun apps like the i808 Drum Machine iPhone App for only $1.99.

The Sharper Image– offers unique gifts for parents or siblings. Tends to be on the expensive side, but has many gifts under $50, like the Putt’N Hazard Putting Mat that returns your golf ball right back to you; many of their products can be found at Brookstone.

Visit this online holiday gift guide for some great ideas.