Coppell Cowgirls beat LD Bell’s volleyball team

Coppell High School’s Junior Varsity Volleyball players Jessica James, Breanne Chausse, Abbie Klassen and Sabrina Boccalandro prepare to return the ball back to LD Bell on Friday night.

By Chisom Ukoha

Staff writer

@uchisom3

Tonight’s game was packed with excited fans intentively watching the Coppell Cowgirls volleyball team play against LD Bell’s volleyball team.

The Cowgirls came out there ready to play their best and they did. They played with everything they had and so did LD Bell, but Coppell came out victorious.

The final score was 42-3. There were 3 total rounds, and in the first round the score was 14-3, in the second round the score was 7-0, and in the third round the score was 21-0. With such a marvalous score, the crowd was booming.

Tonight’s key players were senior middle blocker Laura Hogan and senior libero Natalie Gilbert. Hogan had an incredible game all around, she made multiple blocks, and had amazing setups. Gilbert was constantly making saves and dives, which had helped out Coppell a lot.

“Tonight was a big game for us,” Natalie Gilbert said. “We used a couple new rotations and came out and played strong. With big games against Trinity and Southlake coming up soon, we used tonight to work through the kinks to ensure we’re ready for the rest of the district.”