Make a Child Smile deadline fast approaching

by Ashley Attanucci

The City of Coppell is again hosting the Make a Child Smile program that offers some extra help to Coppell families during the holidays.

For its twentieth year, Make a Child Smile allows members of the community to help their neighbors by donating gifts for Coppell children. Participants choose an ornament from the tree at Town Hall which will name a few gifts of the child’s wish list. Those interested in participating should visit the City Secretary’s Department, at Town Center 225 Parkway Blvd., and pick a paper ornament off the holiday tree. Participants who have previously picked up an ornament should return their wrapped gift of clothing and/or a toy for the child today, Friday, Dec. 11.

Over 400 children are in need this holiday season, and still 100 ornaments remain. Although the official deadline for the project is today, citizens are encouraged to pick up an ornament today and will be given an extended deadline for the return of gifts to next Friday, Dec. 18.

Gifts need to be returned to the City Secretary’s Department wrapped and with the ornament securely attached by either this Friday, Dec. 11, or –for those picking up an ornament today- Dec. 18.

For more information, click here or call Allana Lamberth at 972-304-3669.