Bickham looks forward to next year as design editor

By Jordan Bickham
Design Editor

Hello I am Jordan Bickham and I am going to be one of the two Design Editors for this upcoming year along with the lovely Sophie Nauyokas!

Design Editor Jordan Bickham poses with her cat Bella.

Next year I will  be a senior at the high school and will be continuing in the IB program at CHS.  Some of the things I love the most are cats, alternative music and cherry flavored tic tacs.  I also love the Sidekick and what we have in store for next year.  This past year I was a staff writer as well as a page designer, but moving into next year, I will be focusing more on the design side of our paper.  Along with Nauyokas, we hope to improve the design of our paper to be more visually appealing and overall, more fun.  Together, we will be tackling graphics and page designs for the Sidekick.  Basically, we will be sharing the position of our incredible predecessor, Haley Madigan who did all of this work last year on her own.  By sharing the position, we hope to have more hands to work and more ideas than ever before.

Overall, as a staff we are hoping to change things up both in print and web this upcoming year.  Through design alterations and a new direction, we hope to take Coppell Student Media to places it has never been before.   Our goals for the next year include improving the quality of our writing, creating more unique designs for our pages as well as increasing our circulation throughout Coppell and beyond.  We also hope to become more of a family in order to help the incoming sophomores stay on top of things and to also have a great experience on staff.

So readers, get ready for a new and improved Sidekick and future staff members, be prepared for some great times in D115!

2